Advantages and Disadvantages of online shopping Ali khawar
Updated: 12 Mar 2022
Online shopping is the process or activity of purchasing goods or services on the Internet. This means being online, accessing the seller's website, choosing an item, and arranging delivery. The buyer pays for the product or service online either by credit or debit card or at the time of delivery.
In this article, the term "online shopping" means " shopping on the Internet".
The term includes not only buying things on the Internet but also searching for them on the Internet. So I could shop online, but I didn't find anything.
Online stores have been around for about 25 years. Its popularity has increased significantly.
The most popular online shopping websites are Daraz, Amazon, Flipkart, etc.
Everything has some advantages and some disadvantages, so we discuss in this article
Advantages of online shopping
Advantages of online shopping
- Convenience: is the biggest advantage. Where can I shop in the middle of the night in my pajamas? There are no queues or cashiers that help you manage your purchases, and you can make purchases in minutes. By being able to shop around the clock, without weekends, you will also enrich the environment by shopping without pollution.
- Cheap prices;- cheap offers are the best-combined offers are available online because the products come to you directly from the seller or manufacturer and communicate with each other with the advantage of simple and better opportunities to compare prices. Save on gas and parking!
- Low pressure: - often when we are not shopping, we buy things we do not need, and all because store owners/sales representatives put pressure on us or improve their sales skills. Using this forces us to make these purchases.
- Without the crowd - the crowd is a source of fear for many after the epidemic. Especially during the covid -situation, they may suffer spread fast . Also, when we are crushed in a crowd, we feel faster. No fighting for a parking space. All of these problems can be avoided if you prefer to shop online.
Dis advantages of online shopping
disadvantages of online shopping
- Fraud risk If you make a purchase online There is a greater risk for fraud: credit card fraud, phishing, hacking, counterfeit products, fraudulent websites, and other types of fraud. They all know each other.
- Lots of screen time; If your work requires you to look at your computer all day? You might be bored with all that screen time. Buying online can be a marathon of scrolling and clicking rabbit holes. The internet is an interesting place to visit. But you may not want to be there.
- helpless when shopping online; There will always be someone to help you. But you have to rip your own line. even if it is confusing or you have a question You may have to buy blindly and make a mistake that later you will regret because someone can not fix everything.
- The local retailer market is broken; If everyone starts shopping online All local retailers will fall. We need to go further to buy if that is the case. Many suppliers and cities have experienced the negative impact and destruction of e-commerce. which takes over jobs and destroys the local economy.
Facts and figures of online shopping
Online shopping is growing so fast that the global online shopping market has reached almost 4 trillion by 2020. And in the United States alone, we expect the number of online shoppers to reach 300 million by 2023.
The largest company in the Pakistan trading market is the limelight.pk. By 2021, the store will have a turnover of $50 million. It is followed by gulahmedshop.com with $48 million and khaadi.com with $29 million.
However, the availability of online shopping has led to more educated consumers who can easily shop without spending a lot of time. In turn, online shopping has opened the door for many small retailers who would never go into business if they had to pay the high price of a brick-and-mortar store owner. After all, it was a win-win situation for both the user and the user
When the going gets Tough, the Tough go online shopping MARILYN MONROE